Saturday 27 June 2015

Chewy Gooey Yummy Chocolate Brownies

Hola!

I foresee that this blog is going to be full with recipes. I am not the type of person who write down every single recipe in a book. So called for modern technology, I usually brought along my laptop or my phone to the kitchen while cooking and baking. The dangerous risk would be what if something spills on the gadgets. Yeah, I know. But when the laziness stroke, I would not care about the risk. Another downside of not copying the recipe immediately is what if the channel or blog I visited is closed. So, my solution is to share those awesome recipe in this new blog (I didn't really share food recipe in my old blog).

The brownies recipe hunting began last Eid Fitr. I was thinking of introducing something different to our Eid menu list because chocolate cake is so out-dated. Lol! However, I have to admit that I am a big fan of moist chocolate cake. I always wanted a chewy brownies (with extra chocolaty bitterness). Did a few websites browsing and wolaa! I found this one recipe in one of my trusted cooking blogs.

The final result was amazing. I baked two trays of brownies a day before 2014 Eid. One tray of brownies was moistly baked and the other tray was left a bit longer in the oven to allow a more drier texture. All my siblings love the dried brownies instead of the moist one. Along said the dried one was less nauseating (in Malay: Muak, not sure if nauseating is the correct translation for muak) if she ate lots of them (by lots, she meant more than 4 slices at a time). Mom preferred the moist one though. You decide yourself which one you prefer. ;)


Source: www.azlitamasammanis.com 

Ingredients

A -    To be melted:
          250 grams butter (at room temperature) -> cut into cubes
          400 grams chocolate bar -> cut into cubes or grate them (I used dark chocolate)

B -     5 large (grade A) eggs
          1 teaspoon vanilla essence
          1 tablespoon chocolate emulco ( I didn't put it)
           290 grams brown sugar (I reduced it to 250g to allow extra chocolate bitterness taste)

C -     To be sifted together:
          90 grams all-purpose flour (Plain flour is acceptable)
          50 grams cocoa powder
          100 grams your-own-choice nuts (optional. Need to be toasted first and then mixed them with
           flour and cocoa powder)


Methods:

1. Preheat the oven to 160 degree Celsius. Prepare a 9 x 12 inches baking tin with grease (baking) paper. Set aside.

2. Double boil butter and chocolate. Otherwise you can just place them in the microwave for 30 seconds and then stir until they are completely melted. Set aside to allow it to cool.

3. In separate bowl, beat eggs, vanilla essence, chocolate emulco and brown sugar using whisk. Whisk them together until the sugar is resolved.

4. Combine the melted ingredients A and B. Stir them well.

5. Then quickly add ingredients C into the mixture A +B. Use your wooden or silicone spatula to fold in the mixture. Be careful not to over-mix the ingredients at this stage.

6. Pour the batter into the baking tin and spread them well.

7. Bake at 160 degree for 45 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. If you prefer a drier version, bake it for another 10-15 minutes. Careful watch required at this stage to prevent it from over-baked.

8. Take out the baking tin from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before you cut it into smaller pieces.  This type of brownie tends to get harden easily, so once it is cooled, it will be difficult to cut.


P/s: I will upload the photo in later day once I have a chance to bake this brownies again. The old photos were not in excellent condition.

Kalau nak recipe versi Bahasa Melayu, anda boleh layari blog azlitamasammanis.


No comments:

Post a Comment