Friday 26 June 2015

Double Chocolate Chips Cookies Famous Amos

Famous Amos is a well-known brand for its delicious cookies. However, I do find it quite overpriced. No doubt that the cookies are delicious but, for some people (including me) can't afford to buy such prestigious brand.

One day, I was totally craved for chocolate chips cookies.  So I did an online search for the recipe. I found this one blog (could not remember the link as I found it nearly two years ago). The original recipe was slightly different to what I am about to share today. I made some alterations to the ingredients and methods as I love a more 'chocolaty' cookie.

                        Extra hours of studying for the exam made me craved for cookies.


Recipe

2 cups butter
4 cups plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (measure first and then blend in the blender to finer powder)
24 ounces chocolate chips
1 teaspoon salt
18 ounces cooking/ baking chocolate bar (need to be grated or finely chopped)
 4 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups chopped (your-own-choice) nuts (optional)
2 teaspoon vanilla essence or vanillin

Methods:

1. Cream the butter and both sugars.

2. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together with flour, cocoa powder, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.

3. Add chocolate chips, chocolate bar and nuts. Knead the dough.

4. Keep the dough in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.

5. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

6. Bake for 10 minutes at 175 degree Celsius. Keep the cookies in air tight container.

This recipe makes about 122 cookies, however this depending on the initial size of the dough ball. Larger balls make less number of cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment